Home

There is something about the Hayden Mill that gives me the same sense of comfort as smelling the Thanksgiving turkey roasting, or seeing a stocking full of goodies Christmas morning. Home, sweet home. ~K

Salsa

Someone remind me next year to stagger the tomato plants a bit. I’ve had a dozen plants come in at once. Salsa, tomato sauce, pizza sauce and even a simple plate drizzled with olive oil and sea salt: So, so good. So, Phoenix area readers — how many of you...

One Community: June

One Community is a monthly photo project in which participants photograph their homes and community with a theme in mind. The theme varies by month. The goal is to both showcase similarities and differences in our communities worldwide – and bring us all closer...

Welcome Home, Bowe

How do we thank the Bergdahl family accordingly? How do you defend the saving of one man for the trade of 5 others? Something to consider: the joy we are feeling nationally for the return of Bowe Bergdahl? It’s being felt five times over in other countries as...

Fozzie

This is Fozzie Z. Bear. He is staying with us for the week while his parents travel to visit family on the east coast. Fozzie could be Nelson’s smaller, scrappier cousin. He is a sweetheart, even if he refuses to sleep through the night, instead opting to do...

One Community: May

One Community is a monthly photo project in which participants photograph their homes and communities with a theme in mind. The theme varies by month. The goal is to both showcase similarities and differences in our communities worldwide – and bring us all closer...