Oh, hi. I’ve been a bit remiss in keeping up this week. Work has taken off — which is wonderful. I haven’t had much energy to cook, craft or write as a result. In lieu of another regretsy entry, a few current joys:
1. Great stemware, specifically champagne coups. How great is this glass? I was served a glass of bubbly at a girlfriend’s house this week and wanted to sneak this baby home with me.
I didn’t. I just thought about it.
2. Cupcakes. Specifically red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and a surprise delivery for my dear friend BJ. He’s 21 again this year and doesn’t look a day (or decade) older.
3. Handing a friend a bottle of whiskey and reminding him heartache is temporary. And Colorado whiskey is always good — like love — in the right amount.
4. Weight lifting. I’m not kidding. I cannot believe it has taken me this long to fall head-over-endorphin-fueled-and-newly-toned-heels for pumping iron. I am on cloud nine for the rest of the day when I start with a good hour of heavy, sweaty gym time. This has saved me this winter. (I am so thankful the daylight is growing longer!)
5. Knitting and Netflix. It has been sparse the last few weeks, but finding a good movie and an hour to dig into a new project makes my week brighter.
6. Polka dot capris. Or wrap dresses. Cardigans. Socks. Just about anyway I can wear dots (or stripes) these days, I’m in. I love this style. (Even photographed from such an odd angle. Kinda hard to take a good capri photo by yourself.)
7. Mentors. I’ve got a team of people watching out for me these days, folks who really do not have to care. And yet, they do. They send email. They call. They set plans for long conversations. They keep me on track, and make me better.
It is a sweet life.